What are the benefits of juicing and which juice is heart healthy?
Juicing is becoming much more popular these days, but only a small segment of society has really gotten into juicing and is reaping the many benefits. There are numerous juice combinations that can protect against heart disease and other health issues. The FDA and National Cancer Institute suggest one thing to stay healthy?eating more fruits and vegetables.
For most, it’s nearly impossible to consume the recommended four to five servings a day. The better way to consume these servings is through juices. Now, juicing doesn’t mean you just go to the supermarket and pick up some everyday juice. No, you need to consume fresh juices and the best way to do that is to make them yourself. Processed juices have been stripped of many of their nutrients. Juices that are bottled, canned, refrigerated or frozen are less effective in their healing and cleansing properties.
In 2005, the Preventative Medicine Research found that eight ounces of pomegranate juice a day could stop coronary heart disease in its tracks. In fact, within only three months, the study showed that the effects of coronary heart disease were reversing. UCLA also conducted a study that showed pomegranate juice had slowed the progression of prostate cancer.
Good old fashioned Concord grape juice is also heart healthy. You?ve probably heard that red wine is good for the heart, but unfortunately the alcohol is not good for your liver. Instead of taking the chance of harming the liver, consider making your own grape juice and get the same heart healthy effects.
In addition, vegetable juices are not only healthy, but they have fewer calories and less sugar than fruit. You also receive much more nutrition from vegetable juices. There are several heart healthy vegetable juices including tomato juice, which is high in lycopene and has powerful antioxidants that are good for reducing the risk of heart disease. Carrot juice is another good juice providing several benefits including better vision, protection against heart disease and protection against cancer. Following are some additional healthy juicing tips:
- Invest in a good quality juicer, leave it on your kitchen counter and make your own fresh juices daily.
- Vegetable juices are lower in calorie and higher in nutritional value than fruit juices.
- Try spinach, broccoli, beets and garlic for a healthy heart.
- Fresh tomato juice is high in lycopene and antioxidants.
- Carrot juice helps improve vision, protects against heart disease and cancer.
- To stop coronary disease cold, drink eight ounces of pomegranate juice daily.
- Choose concord grape juice instead of red wine. You’ll keep the antioxidant benefits, and your liver will be happier.
- Spinach can be mixed with other vegetable juices as well, to promote heart health. Another good combination for the heart is spinach, broccoli, beets and garlic.
If you currently have a heart condition and you are taking medication, such as Lipitor, it is important that you be careful about some of your juice ingredients. For example, grapefruit juice may interfere with the absorption of your medication. What happens is that the grapefruit juice causes the medication to enter your bloodstream too quickly, which is equivalent to taking a higher dose of the medication rather than it slowly absorbing over time.
Visit our store to find products that will help you detox and cleanse your body naturally.